Excavator/Heavy Plant Operator Course
The aim of this course is to equip learners with the skills, knowledge & understanding to safely operate a heavy plant.
On completion of this course the learners will be;
- Aware of the current Health & Safety Legislation as it applies to safe operation of heavy plant
- Different variants of heavy plant and their different characteristics
- Able to safely operate a Heavy plant
- Blind spot and keep a safe area around a heavy plant
- Stability, moving up and down the slope with a heavy plant
- Lifting capacity
- Transporting and Hauling secrement standards
- Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Pre-use inspection of equipment
- Machine functions & controls
- Carry out a Risk assessment
- Site safety
Classroom based presentation on power-point and practical experience of operating a Heavy plant
Who Should Attend?
Those responsible for operating a heavy plant in their workplace as part of their daily duties.